- Partner with local law enforcement on more public information campaigns and enforcement to reduce traffic fatalities and speeding in our neighborhoods.
- Complete design studies at high accident intersections and roadways to determine appropriate courses of action and implement them.
- Push for adequate pay and benefits for first responders so that we can recruit and retain at levels necessary to maintain safety as we continue to grow.
Traffic & Transit
- Develop comprehensive local and regional public transit options.
- Implement connected sidewalks and bike paths, separated from active traffic lanes, including in older neighborhoods where none were built.
- Work with regional and state partners to fix our regional traffic quagmire.
- Develop more enrichment programs for kids and seniors, including partnerships to promote education, nutrition, and other needs.
- Implement monthly town halls and other programs to ensure residents across Round Rock know what is going on at City Hall and have every opportunity to be involved.
- Work with Round Rock ISD to retain great public schools, as well as promote civic engagement and reduce drop out or delinquency rates.
- Ensure long-time residents are not priced out by rising property taxes.
- Encourage diverse housing options for first-time and mid-range home buyers as well as renters.
- Mitigate the effects of gentrification and revitalize historical neighborhoods.
- Increase support for our small and local businesses, including minority, women, and veteran-owned business enterprises.
- Offer civics education where cost is not a barrier to entry to create a pool of city leaders that is more reflective of our community.
- Partner with schools and other youth-oriented programs to encourage civic participation, volunteerism, and voter registration.